
It is like days slip by and I don't even notice how long it has been. I still haven't got the habit to write everyday. When I started this thing, I wasn't really sure what I wanted from it. Maybe like a mini diary. I just had the plan to write everyday. Which isn't exactly working out LOL. I would say I will try harder, but it just may not be in my personality to be so disciplined. Anyways I went up to Nannies with Monica yesterday. Monica was trying to fix the path down to the beach, it is all eroding, and Nannie STILL goes down there! I lectured her about it, grrrrr, if she ever fell..... She needs stairs, I just wonder where can we get her stairs, I am not exactly a carpenter. But what I wanted to mention was the beach, it was -- THE SINGLE MOST-- nostalgic, moment I have ever had.....a part of my childhood, changed and lonely. The rock that Colleen and Crystals names are on was still there, you could barely make out the names, but you could still read them. The big slanted rock you stepped on coming of the path, now waaaay below the eroded path..... the rocks we built seaweed sculptures on....... The rock we sat on while the tide came up and lapped at us..... all still there... changed.... different....yet still somehow the same. Of course I didn't have my camera. Time it goes so fast. We really are on this earth for such a fleeting moment, and every tiny moment changes things forever. I loved, no love, that beach, I love those memories, corn boils, swimming, laughter, boating, skipping rocks, and well even the scary eel grass LOL. Thank you God, for that time, for that place, for those memories. I left there thinking I was depressed, but I did not fully analyze my feelings, not depression - nostalgia. But it is a thankful nostalgia, not one of regret, but one of extreme thankfulness to the Lord for giving me that time and place. I can't express in words how I feel, maybe if I tell you I have happy tears streaming down my face as I write this you may understand my gratitude. If I feel this way about a part of my childhood, that was full of hurts and pains, it is unimaginable what heaven will be like. Thank You God.


When I first went down there I had to stand there for a minute and just look, I had to hold back some of those tears. And now your blog is doing the samething to me. haha
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Not like anything else you ever wrote.
ReplyDeleteI dunno but this blog was hard to read lol stop making me cry.
ReplyDeletewish i could of gone up there before i left on tuesday I miss Nanny alot and i haven't been on that beach in along time
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that, such a wonderfully sad but beautiful moment.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing about nostalgia that drives me nuts it that it makes me feel so old!