6/11/2008

Silly Putty........


Such an innocent substance, fun, intriguing, many useless uses. Well we can add one more use to it. One that makes your brain hurt, and is even more confusing when you realize it is a 5 yr old coming up with this, and not a 2 yr old. I go in the bedroom,Hollie is sleeping away, and I see squashed on the bed silly putty, not just ordinary pale flesh colored putty,but fluorescent pink putty. So I am trying to dig it off the sheet and Hollie, sleeping away, rolls over. Well, I see pink silly putty all over her lips. SIGH... I wake her up "Hollie wake up you have silly putty all over your lips. We have to clean you up come on" She is all groggy and follows me out to the bathroom, I am.... well lets just say.... a bit annoyed now, and I say "Why do you have silly putty all over your face and the bed!" She starts to talk and it is all garbled, I see fluorescent pink in her mouth on her teeth! She has the stuff wadded up between her upper gums and lips and also a wad on the roof of her mouth! What the? I pull it out and say again "What in the world were you thinking WHY WHY do you have silly putty in your mouth?!?!?!?!?" I am quite angry washing her up telling her you know you could have choked on that if it had of come lose from the top of you mouth it would have dropped into your throat and you wouldn't be able to breathe. It becomes quite the lecture as I am brushing her teeth, she periodically spitting pink tinged toothpaste into the sink. I say come on Hollie you are five yrs old you know better than to put things in your mouth. And you never put things in your mouth when you are sleeping! So I ask again Why would you do this? Finally letting her answer --- here it is are you ready -- "I was pretending to be an elephant" Is your brain hurting yet? Are you TRYING to figure out why silly putty in the mouth helps you be an elephant. Good luck figuring it out, I still can't and I have the 5 yr old to explain it to me. I mean if it had of been stuck to her nose I could see it .... but in your mouth? How does that help you be an elephant. Your brain hurts now doesn't it. Oh the joys of living with a 5 yr old. I know I should have taken a picture but of course at the time I didn't think of it. So you will have to settle for this picture of bullfrog tadpoles that I took at Rockwood Park. I know they have nothing to do with Silly Putty but then again what do elephants have to do with Silly Putty?

6 comments:

  1. Hollie sure is "special" ain't she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahaha snort hahahahaha snort. I can't breath. Hahaha. Oh she takes right after you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol shes got one heck of an imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! And the thing with silly putty is... it's not water soluble! One's it's on an item of fabric... sunk in, because it also doesn't retain it's shape, but slowly "melts" into a blob... it's there FOREVER!!!!! No matter how hard you scrub, no matter how many times it goes through the wash!

    But it's still a cool toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell Hollie that the entire (almost, well me anyway) blogging world want to know how hot pink silly putty can help you be an elephant. I am currently using cheescake, and it is working, except for the trunk part, but you DO have to swallow it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I can ever understand her explanation of Silly Putty = elephant, I will definitely tell the whole blogging world. Until then it will have to remain a mystery... except maybe in a 5 yr olds mind....

    ReplyDelete