6/16/2008

Weekend Outings


This weekend I went out on a couple of outings. On Friday I went to Irving Nature Park with Amelia we drove and walked around out there. Very hot day. Of course it was windy so most of my macros would not turn out :( Oh well it was a beautiful day. And I (because I am so intelligent) wore flip flops. Because of the flip flops my heel spur started acting up. When we came back in town we went out to Fern Hill Cemetery, which you already know because I posted a picture already. On Saturday I went out with Monica and Karen, to supposedly take photos of waterfalls. I think it was really an elaborate plan to try and kill me. The first waterfall they take me too is home to mutant red ants who are trying to take over the world. As soon as I stopped moving the buggers started to climb up my legs. "shudder" I didn't even get a photograph, we ran from there. Now the second waterfall they took me to wasn't to bad to get to, BUT the heat, I think they were trying to get me to pass out from heat stroke at this point. And then the icing on the cake, we went to Lepreau Falls. Making me climb over falling trees and around them while a cliff is on one side of me, one false move and down the cliff I would have went. Then I am out on the falls walking over wet rocks and of course finally right in the water. (I need some all terrain sandals, seriously I think I am going to order a pair from Sears) The whole time I am worried more about my camera then me, isn't that retarded, oh who cares if I fall on the slimy rocks and smash my head as long as my camera doesn't get wet. Anyways So we decide to go down this "path" This is their fourth and final try at killing me. I mean it is practically VERTICAL and I am like do you guys forget that I am fat? and out of shape? But I made it!! I defeated their evil plans to rid the world of my beauty!! LOL Of course I was very stiff the next day, but I celebrated because I SURVIVED!! I know it didn't really turn out, weird sun reflection, but here is a picture of the falls I walked out on.

5 comments:

  1. its a nice pic despite the glare and Im glad you survived : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!! (After all, it made a good story in the end. That's what adventure is for!)

    As for the camera - I totally get that. I have four babies - Ella, Finnigan, Gilligan, and my camera. I remember sobbing hysterically when my old one got broken last summer. It wouldn't be so bad if I'd sobbed hysterically once, but it was repeated every time I had something I wanted to take a picture of! I know. I'm sad!

    (But thank God for e-bay... I don't know if I could have ever afforded a new one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made it that sounds awful! Picture looks alright though. I hope you get better foot wear soon. aside from your little boy shoes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should all know by now that when you agree to go out with me or exploring with me there will be lots of walking and strange terain. Haha. I like to climb and explore! And those 3 are mild compaired to the one I didn't take you to, yet. Bwahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete