
So I took this picture of boats when in St. Martens and I wanted it to look old, but still wanted the colors to pop. I didn't just want plain sepia. I am wondering if you think it works, or if it just looks like the exposure went wrong? I kind of like it, but I am not sure if it comes across right. I sort of like how the colors are so strong. But I guess what I am asking is.... can you tell it was done on purpose?


I think it looks like it was done on purpose and I love it!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is very artistic. Albeit, it's not the style of art that I'd prefer - the blending of old-fashioned and ultra-modern. But definitely creative and interesting to look at!
ReplyDeleteAsthetically (for me), I'd give it a 6 out of 10. In terms of it's design, and creativity/artistry, definitely an 8 out of 10. (In my books, that's very high, unless you're a full-time professional photographer - not one at Sears - one working for an art gallery!)
My husband thinks I should sign this "Picture Snob," but probably the best rating I'd ever give myself would be 8 out of 10 - except for about 3 or 4 portraits I've taken of my daughter... back in the days when she held still... mostly!
The only thing I would change is adding some subtle green to the background trees to balance what you've got in the foreground. If you only use a little the boats will still be the focal point but the photo will be more balanced. That's what I think. The composition is perfect and if you wanted to keep it just the way it is that's okay too.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to add a bit of green, but unfortunately I am working with a free photo editor, so I don't have the option. LOL maybe one of these days I will get an actually program to play with.
ReplyDeleteI am happy with the 8 out of 10. I have absolutely no training, and I don't even work at Sears LOL.
ReplyDeleteI like it its got an after a storm in the morning feel to it
ReplyDeleteYou take fantastic pix and don't let anyone tell you other wise!
ReplyDelete