

Well, years and years later I finally gave in. I finally got a cell phone. I hate them, for a lot of reasons. I mean other than the fact that the cell companies charge a ridiculous amount of money for the service,I think they cause people to be disrespectful and ignorant. They interfere with life, another technology to complicate and cause people to be too busy to stop and enjoy life. I am known for talking on the phone a lot. But what is worse are the people who insist on talking on the phone even when they are not home, or suppose to be out enjoying themselves. Maybe outside on a beautiful sunny day, and instead of "smelling the roses" they are smelling "the stench of technology". Life was so much simpler before we got all these so called advances......it is sad. But here I am with a cell phone. Hopefully only for emergencies... if I ever turn into that completely obnoxious person with a cell phone attached to my ear, while dealing with another person (ie going through cash or hanging out with friends) then please take my phone and stomp on it. Kill it. BUT on a side note -- I must admit it is an awfully cute little phone.


I think your phone is really cute! I really like the butterfly plates for it though.
ReplyDeleteSo true!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a cell when I was living in Vancouver - more-or-less for safety's sake. But upon moving back to NB, I failed to see the point. Or at least if its usefulness was worth its cost!
Now that cell phones are practically ubiquitous, have you noticed that a lot of phone companies have stopped maintaining their pay phones? If you have a cell phone, it wouldn't surprise me if you haven't noticed!
I think it's all a conspiracy to get non-cell phone customers to have to get cell phones! 25 cents versus $30/month. It's a no-brainer!
Truth be told, you'll probably find it handy. That said, if you don't want it to be used much - don't tell people your phone number!
(My sister-in-law guards her cell phone number like her PIN! She informs those who inquire, "I have the cell phone so I can call you, not so you can call me!" She reinforces this by keeping the power on her cell phone off unless she need to make a call.)
I miss my cell phone and I hate the phone
ReplyDeletehomeschooler --I actually got a pay as you go cell phone so I will definitely be using it sparingly. I basically got it in case Hollie's school needed to get a hold of me if I wasn't home. So hopefully I will keep control of the cell phone disease and it wont get attached to my ear LOL.
ReplyDeleteSHIT! Look at those gigantic hands around that phone!
ReplyDelete