
I had a tea party today with mint tea. The sad thing is, I, the 32 yr old did not like the tea. The 5 yr old loved it and finished hers. She says the stuffed dog and bear liked theirs as well, but I didn't really see much leave their cups. I can't seem to figure out what the tea is missing, I sort of like it, but it is just missing something. I tried to add milk once and that was disgusting, I tried sugar, but it still is lacking. So if anyone has any ideas on how to spruce up mint tea I am listening. The photo for today was taken at Oak Point. I actually took the picture last summer, but posting the picture of the boats got me thinking about the lighthouse and well here it is.


My mum drinks mint tea. At Bulk Barn you can get fennel tea, it smells like licorice.
ReplyDeleteEighteen degrees and sunny tomorrow! Too bad we're not going on a photographic expedition.
ReplyDeleteGuess what? I'm singing a song.
I'm convinced that the problem isn't with the "tea" but with the "mint." For some time now I've been a firm believer that the only thing that should be mint-flavoured is toothpaste.
ReplyDeleteI've never enjoyed fennel tea, probably because it smells/tastes like black licorice. But it is excellent if you have a sore throat or laryngitis.
My personal favourite tea is No. 22 Blend an amazing blend of fine black and green teas put out by the Murchie's Tea & Coffee Ltd. It was easy to get when I lived in Vancouver, but nobody's heard of them here in the Maritimes! It's always on my Christmas list.
But I like mint....hmmmmmm... I will say though this fennel tea sounds delicious, I love black licorice!
ReplyDeleteWell, if you like black licorice, then fennel tea would be perfect for you! I used to always keep some around in case of sore throat.
ReplyDelete[Warning: Gross Story Ahead]
I have a weird "thing" with toothpaste. For a long time I refused to brush with toothpaste. Instead I used baking soda. But now that Arm & Hammer makes toothpaste, I've been able to pull off the switch to a normal tube.
I started hating toothpaste (and, as a consequence, mint) when I was in my upper-teens as I worked as a housekeeper at Circle Square Ranch. I could clean the ickiest, most disgusting things you can imagine (and some you can't imagine), but for some reason those horrible dregs of toothpaste spit on the bottom of the sink - I just couldn't hack it! Yes, I could easily get a child who had vomited on the carpet calmed down, get the other kids around laughing (usually at me) while cleaning it up, but those bits of remaining toothpaste... Blech!
(Weird, I know... but that's just me!)
eww I hate black licorice! I love the picture though.
ReplyDeleteI hate tea but grampie and grammie use can milk in theres
ReplyDeleteUmmm tea. I don't care for the mint one to much but my cats seem to like it!
ReplyDelete