
A sign of madness, a sign of laughable insanity.... The cruelest joke a company could ever play on their future slaves .. ooops I meant employees. Isn't false advertisement illegal or something?
All photographs, appearing on this blog are the exclusive property of Deborah Erb and are protected under Canadian and International copyright laws. The photographs may not be downloaded, copied, stored, reproduced or altered in any way without the written permission of Deborah Erb. The use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright. Use of this site indicates your acceptance and adherence to these terms and conditions.
ceruleanfury@gmail.com
Deborah Erb
yeah they fired me for no reason literally haha oh well made getting unemployment extremely easy!
ReplyDeleteAlso funny: the province of NB is SO proud of itself for creating all these call centre jobs...
ReplyDeletei lasted one week there
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Ugly Artwork, that the New Brunswick government is all about "job creation," paying little regard to quality of those jobs.
ReplyDeleteI read an article about an engineer who heard about the NB job-creation as an attempt to counter the so-called "New Brunswick Brain Drain," so she moved here. After weeks of looking for a position, and being told by numerous employment agencies that she was qualified for all sorts of call-centre jobs, she moved to Alberta!
Shortly after we were married, my husband (out of desperation) took a job at a call centre at which he worked for well over a year. We joked that he had the highest-education of any call-centre employee ever (he was working on his PhD dissertation at the time). After being moved to a different department, however, he found that the new job expectations skirted the fine line between legal and illegal, not to mention being clearly immoral rather than moral. He quit. But he couldn't get unemployment because what they were doing wasn't "technically" illegal - close, but no cigar.
Until the NB government realises that the only way to stop the New Brunswick brain drain is to focus on career creation, rather than job creation, the educated (and even the not-as-educated) people of New Brunswick will continue moving west.
I know I have worked in a couple of call centres- actually 3, and they were all the same. Leaving you feeling slimed. I hated working for all of them, eventually. They expect you to do things that may not be illegal but SHOULD be. At one of them I use to pray that a truck would hit me on the way there, not kill me, just put me in the hospital for awhile so I could get a break. That is so sick and twisted, but it was a serious prayer, that is how messed up call centres are. AND they should be illegal, they are terrible places to work. The stress they put on their employees to perform is disgusting. One of the ones I worked for, actually it is the same one with the truck prayer, expected me to have sales of 110% of company goal after I had been there a year. 110% --- 10% more than they expected of themselves. Always living in fear of losing your job...Okay.. Okay I am going to stop my rant now.
ReplyDelete